The Assistant Site Manager will be responsible for assisting with the successful delivery of the project in terms of health,safety and environmental standards, programme, budget, time, quality and customer service. To effectively help to control all site-based activities in line with specific development requirements, company policies and procedures.
Protech Site Services are currently recruiting for an Assistant Site Manager to join the team of one of the UK’s largest residential developers
The Assistant Site Manager reports to the Site Manager and Construction Manager.
- Continually and thoroughly review the programmes, plan, and site in part or as a whole. Analyse findings, impact thereof and take corrective action in a timely manner to ensure objectives are met.
- Ensure the Construction Phase H&S Plan and Project Environmental Plans are, implementedand maintained on site.
- Take responsibility for all site activites including performance to deliver programme, quality, budget, health, safety and environment processes. Job Description Last Updated: February 2021
- Organise the handover of completed units to sales, customers and clients in accordance with current procedures and ensure all our customers are given the highest level of customer service and all staff abide by our customer charter to ensure 5 star customer journey.
- Raise requests for information back to the design team in a timely manner.
- Organise the works to ensure without compromise compliance with all health, safety and environmental procedures.
- Motivate third parties to best deliver objectives.
- Uphold and promote our values on site.
- Build relationships with our supply chain such that we are their preferred client.
- Ensure the works are satisfactorily supervised at all times and that the project is executed in accordance with the current construction procedures.
- Ensure that quality inspections are carried out in accordance with current construction procedures and quality standards are achieved.
- Ensure all subcontractors are coordinated and held to account via weekly subcontractor meetings. • Ensure personal compliance with cost control procedures and avoid unauthorised expenditure.
- Ensure the supply chain is managed such that they work in accordance with contracted conditions • Ensure all required materials are planned and called off in accordance with the required programme.
- Co-ordinate with the sales team to ensure every aspect of how the construction is progressed complements the sales and marketing strategy and where adjustments are required to maximise sales revenues and rates, action is taken promptly and efficiently.
- Co-ordinate with the commercial department to ensure the works are executed within budget to maximise potential savings.
- Co-ordinate with all inspectors of the works to ensure required quality is achieved and the appropriate certification/verification is achieved.
- Attend all project-related meetings as required.
- Co-ordinate the installation and connection of statutory services by providers.
- Co-ordinate the requirements of all third parties and or clients (RSL’s and/or purchasers) within the construction process. • Implement the agreed waste policy and strategy.
- Provide clear precise information and instruction to all parties in order to ensure they all clearly understand what is required of them to meet our objectives.
- Adhere to defined reporting and meeting structure to both internal personnel and third parties.
- Provide continuous feedback in respect of particularly successful and unsuccessful elements of the project.
- Report immediately any exceptions that impact on cost, time, quality, environment, health & safety and our customers.
- Ensure handover schedules are continuously updated and accurate.
- Participate in reviews where necessary to ensure continuous improvements and to promote learning.
- Ensure as built drawings documentation, operating and maintenance manuals are prepared and distributed/archived in central file in a timely manner.
- Ensure all key project documentation is returned to Construction administration and archived accordingly. Including documentation to be retained for set period in accordance with group procedures or current legislation.
- Ensuring customer issues are promptly dealt with in accordance with our customer services procedures.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience of construction projects in the residential sector.
- Experience of health, safety and environmental requirements on site.
- Able to assist the site manager manage a project from start to completion whilst achieving the required programme, quality standards, and budget.
- Relevant knowledge of IT systems such as Outlook/Word/Excel.
- To be able to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels.
- Knowledge of construction processes and techniques.
- Able to prioritise and delegate as appropriate.
- Able to effectively negotiate, motivate and communicate to influence others to ensure that objectives are met.
- Able to build effective working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders/suppliers.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment and on own initiative, to be self-motivated, have discretion, confidentiality and effective time management skills.
- Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Valid SMSTS, First Aid and Full Driving License
- 2 years minimum experience of management or supervision within the residential sector.
- Knowledge of building construction
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental policy and procedure
- Good communication style, delegator and management skills.
- Good management style, able to motivate the supply chain and be decisive to ensure positive outcomes.
- Excellent attention to detail, good administration skills and well organised to meet deadlines and timescales of projects.
- Must be IT literate including programming skills.
Salary and Benefits – Up to £48
If interested, please contact Chris on 0208 191 9100 or at firstname.lastname@example.org