Protech Site Services are currently recruiting for an Assistant Buyer to join the team of one of the UK’s largest residential developers
The role of Assistant Buyer reports to the Commercial Director.
- To assist and support with the preparation of accurate quantities and materials schedules.
- Using the appropriate tender documentation effectively and efficiently procure quotations, negotiate, and place plant and material orders within required timescales.
- Provide cost –data feedback to Regional Estivating department.
- To assist with the support of the Site Manager with co-ordination of material deliveries to enable construction work to proceed to agreed programmes and to assist and monitor the site control of materials.
- To assist the Buyer with the review and forecast latest material and plant cost estimates on monthly basis.
- Working with internal and external personnel in a professional manner.
- Assist at all times in maintaining a safe working environment within Company workplaces and applying the Company’s Health and Safety Policy for their own, their colleagues, third parties and the public benefit. Individuals must act to minimise danger and report all potential dangers and accidents to their immediate superior or designated Health and Safety Officer.
- The procurement of materials and plant in accordance with Group Agreements.
- Monitoring of goods purchased.
- Monitoring of plant on hire or purchased.
- Review of drawings and schedules to reduce errors, omissions and mistakes.
Experience and qualifications
- Be commercially aware with analytical and proactive approach towards problem solving.
- Knowledge of the Residential Development/ construction market.
- Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail and administrative skills
Salary – £35k