Protech Site Services are currently recruiting for an Assistant Project Manager to join the team of one of London’s leading developers.
The Assistant Project Manager would require experience of managing multi-disciplinary projects ranging in size from £2m – £20m and must be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of building regulations with regards to new builds and conversions. Essential experience required would be of managing health and safety issues within facilities, working knowledge of a principal designer and CDM regulations with their practical implementation.
The successful candidate must be able to take on responsibility for the entire team, work to deadlines, be a team-player and liaise with our in-house construction manager and construction team to deliver a quality service on time, every time.
The role of Assistant Project Manager reports to the Project Manager.
- Lead design coordination meeting and keep records of the design decision-making process
- Read drawings accurately and assist the team to coordinate during design
- Liaise with suppliers to specify products to be included in the design and to be used during construction
- Monitor and coordinate the documentation submitted by the consultants and ensure information is provided in a timely manner on site
- Monitor on site progress using gant charts and submission of progress reports to the directors
- Ensure quality control during construction and provide photographic report daily
- Preparation of H&S documents such as construction phase health and safety plan, construction management plan, lift plans etc.
- Ensure all work conforms with health and safety and British standards
- Report on project cost and budget to the senior management and directors
- Monitor status of planning conditions and relevant information to be submitted
- Monitor information required for completion certificates upon project completion
Experience and qualifications
- Knowledge of building regulations
- Basic knowledge of JCT-type of contracts beneficial
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness of the construction sector
- Keen eye and attention to details
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined, and having the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Hold a full clean driving licence
- Experience required: three to five years’ minimum
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail and administrative skills
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel