Protech Site Services are currently recruiting for a Building Control Surveyor to join the team of a leading Chartered Surveyor and Engineering practice
The purpose of the role is to deliver professional building control (regulations) approvals services as required by the business, legislation and standards and in accordance with the Governments Building Control Performance Standards, the CICAIR Code of Conduct and best practice protocols and guidance issued by the Building Control Alliance and ACAI.
The Building Control Surveyor reports to the Director of Building Control.
- Conduct technical reviews of building control submissions, produce Plan Check Reports.
- Carry out and progress statutory consultations with the Fire and Water Authorities.
- Liaise with special interest groups, e.g; National Trust, English Heritage as required.
- Attend meetings and liaise with clients, design teams, architects and contractors to progress submissions and report on projects approvals progress.
- Conduct site visits and inspections, prepare/issue reports, instigate follow up measures to ensure resolution of outstanding matters and contraventions.
- Prepare and issue reports, Certificates, Notices, letters in line with the Regulations as required.
- Adhere to document control procedures and ensure accurate and complete records and audit trails.
- Work in a safe manner and highlight unsafe practices, hazards and health and safety issues as necessary.
- Keep up to date with current regulations and legislation. Maintain expertise and required level of CPD as per company policy and appropriate records.
- Adhere to AIS Quality Management System policies and procedures and identify improvements as appropriate. Keep accurate and complete records.
- To carry out other duties as required by the Directors which are commensurate with the post.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Relevant degree or higher education qualification and student/graduate/ associate membership of RICS, CABE or MBEng or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in building control.
- Comprehensive knowledge of legislation, guidance and standards relevant to building control.
- The jobholder is expected to be proactive in achieving targets and making suggestions for improvement.
- To be able to work alone or as part of a team whilst focusing on priority issues.
- Recognised as being highly professional.
- Continually strive for a professional service to customers whilst maintaining a positive working environment within the team.
- An understanding of and commitment to improving service quality and continuous improvement.
Salary – £45,000 – £50,000 depending on experience.
If interested, please contact Chris on 0208 191 9100 or at firstname.lastname@example.org