Protech Site Services are currently recruiting for an Intermediate level Quantity Surveyor to join the team of one of the UK’s largest residential developers.
The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for managing the expenditure for each site and ensuring that targets are met by managing and controlling the budgets and valuations. Sites may be complex due to the type of construction, programme, phases and use.
The Quantity Surveyor reports to the Senior Quantity Surveyor and Commercial Director.
- Ensuring timely and accurate cost management
- Dealing with contractual issues, procurement and payment of sub-contractors for large volume development projects from pre-operational stage through to final account settlement.
- Producing quarterly valuations and complete material ‘cost to complete’ exercises for each site the Quantity Surveyor is responsible for.
- Complete on-site measurements and assess payments to contractors.
- Attend and contribute to various meetings, such as pre-order meetings, quarterly valuation meetings and project review meetings with senior management, construction team as well as external contractors.
- Manage all sub-contract orders on site, meeting sub-contractors as and when required.
- Maintain trade specifications.
- Manage Professional Fees Budget.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills Experience
- Experience of working as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor or Quantity Surveyor with a residential house builder.
- Strong communication and listening skills, with good negotiation skills
- Highly motivated to deliver quality developments
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrates ability to meet deadlines
- IT literate and the ability to adapt to new systems
- Good administration skills
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
The Role and Working Conditions
- Willing to be flexible in respect to day to day duties and hours worked.
- Office based role, with travel within the Divisional area.
- Ability to travel to development sites as and when required.
Salary – Approx. £55-£60K
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Private pension up to 12.5%
- Private healthcare and cash plan options
- Company car/car allowance (with low co2 emission uplift)
- 28 days’ annual leave
- Flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share save scheme
- Gym membership discounts