Protech Site Services are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the team of one of the UK’s largest residential developers
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for managing the expenditure for each site and ensuring that targets are met by managing and controlling the budgets and valuations. Sites may be complex due to the type of construction, programme, phases and use.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor reports to the Commercial Director.
- Communicate with the management, contractors and sub-contractors on the adjustments to cost estimates to facilitate smooth transition of information.
- Manage all sub-contract orders on site, meeting sub-contractors as and when required.
- Produce regular valuations and complete material ‘cost to complete’ exercises for each site the Quantity Surveyor is responsible for.
- Conduct negotiations to ensure issues are resolved.
- Prepare cost analysis and form cost reduction strategies to ensure the overall value is enhanced for the project.
- Prepare tender and contract documents
- Produce sub-contract payments and final accounts, ensuring that the sub-contractor has signed these off.
- Attend meetings regrading valuations, project review and programming variations.
- Manage Professional Fees Budget.
- Control project scope to meet project objectives in order to enhance project deliverables and key work activities.
- Monitor project costs to ensure the objectives of the project are achieved in accordance to building contract law.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with standards.
Experience and Qualifications and Skill
- Experience as a Quantity Surveyor or Surveyor with a residential developer
- Knowledge of cost control systems and valuation reporting.
- HND/HNC Building Studies
- Current CSCS card or equivalent is desirable
- RICS Professional Membership
- BSc in Quantity Surveying desirable
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail and administrative skills
- Good IT skills
Competitive salary and package offered.
If interested please contact Chris on 0208 191 9100 or firstname.lastname@example.org