Protech Site Services are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor or Project Quantity to join the team of a highly experienced Civil Engineering Contractor, with an excellent reputation for safe and on budget completion of works across a range of infrastructure sectors.
The successful candidate will join our Infrastructure Division on one of our Ministry of Defence Projects in the Reading area. The role requires managing all aspects of the contractual and financial side of the project, ensuring the commercial position of the business is protected and maximised at all times.
- Ensuring orders for materials, sub-contractors, professional invoices are in place and in line with the tender prices to maximise recovery on these items and production of procurement schedules.
- Preparation of payment applications and invoicing using a variety of schedules of rates / priced specifications.
- Pricing contract variations and submitting & agreeing quotations as per contract timeframes.
- Monitor and control the performance of Sub-contractors and Suppliers in relation to the delivery of contracts.
- Complete requisition for Sub-contractor Payments.
- Preparation of monthly Contract Cost Value Reconciliation’s.
- Management of sub-contract accounts from procurement to final account.
- Undertake budget reviews with delivery teams.
- Manage commercial performance against business targets and KPIs.
- Contract administration and cost control, cost planning, forecasting & estimation.
- Final account preparation and final account negotiation.
- Attend weekly commercial review meetings with commercial counterpart and undertake regular site visits >1 per week.
- Analyse project commercial outcomes and write detailed progress reports.
- Assist PM / site team in preparation of EWN & NCE notifications, ensuring they are issued in a timely manner.
- Ensure that weekly / bi weekly, programmes / progress reports are issued in accordance with the contract procedures / company policy.
- Ensuring that daily site records are maintained on a weekly basis by the management team and checking to ensure their accuracy.
- Accurate Cash Flow projections and ensuring payments are in line with terms of appointment.
- Review of all technical submissions, including but not limited to RFI’s, etc to ensure commercial implications are being reported.
- Ensuring plant returns are completed by site management on a weekly basis and that plant expenditure is being managed within tender allowances.
- Liaising with PM / Site managers to ensure that tender labour outputs are being maintained as a minimum.
Experience, Qualifications and Skill
- BSc (Hons) or equivalent qualification in a related discipline.
- Driving licence and own vehicle to travel to site.
- Experience of working for a Tier 2 contractor.
- Experience of civil engineering projects, i.e. Groundworks, FRC, Drainage etc..
- Will need to have strong commercial awareness.
- An understanding of budgeting, cost control, risk mitigation, and business targets and reporting requirements.
- Experience of NEC Contracts.
- Experience of CEMAR contract management procedures.
- Practical and logical qualities and a methodical way of thinking.
- A creative and innovative approach to problem-solving.
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills.
- Negotiating and team-working skills and the ability to motivate and lead those on site.
- Planning, programming and prioritising skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible approach to work with ability to work on own.
- Attention to detail.
- Competent in Microsoft office skills.
Salary – £65-80k plus benefits