Protech Site Services are currently recruiting for a Technical Manager to join the team of one of the UK’s largest residential developers
The Technical Manager will be responsible managing several pre-operational projects, live sites and the further progression for future sites. This role requires an experienced individual with a history of managing multiple residential new build projects with a per-development unit range of 80-250 simultaneously.
The Technical Manager reports into the Technical Director and oversees the technical department to ensure it is running as smoothly as possible.
- To oversee the production of working drawing and detailed information and to ensure that it is complete, coherent, accurate and available on time to whoever needs it. The design solutions are to be as practical and economical as possible.
- To provide technical support during land buying, sales, construction and post construction.
- To identify and resolve any potential technical constraints on land development.
- To commission ground investigation and remediation reports.
- To start the working drawing process on site early to ensure no delays once planning consent is given.
- To propose cost effective solutions to the Planning, Commercial, Sales and Build teams to deliver commercially viable options, particularly with section 38, 104 and 278 agreements.
- To establish and maintain excellent relationships with statutory authorities and management of consultants regarding design briefs, development plans and budgets are kept to and delivered to a high standard
- The role involves travel to sites across the region with the main office based in Chertsey.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience of working as a Technical Manager, Technical Coordinator or Senior Engineer within a large volume housebuilder.
- Experience in managing the end-to-end lifecycle in planning, budgeting and delivering residential new homes in a Technical role.
- HNC/HND in a building related topic
Skills and Aptitude
- Effective communication skills
- Good administration skills
- Works effectively to deadlines and competently works on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
Salary – £60K plus package.