Protech Site Services are currently recruiting for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join the team of one of the UK’s largest residential high-end developers.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will be working to ensure timely & accurate cost management, dealing with contractual issues & procurement & payment of sub-contractors for complex large volume development projects from pre-operational stage through to final account settlement.
- The identification & procurement of suitable sub-contractors.
- The negotiation & appointment of subcontracts within required timescales.
- Providing the cost-data feedback to Divisional Estimating Department.
- Administration & management of the financial aspects of the development.
- Reviewing and forecasting the latest cost estimates and reporting.
- Maintaining relationships with external employers such as Housing Associations undertaking valuations, cash flow forecasts, obtaining warranties, etc.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor in a main contractor or housebuilder
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and produces accurate work
- Knowledge of the Residential Development market
- Commercially aware with analytical & proactive approach towards problem solving
- Strong ability to negotiate and influence
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written
- Confident in managing suppliers whilst negotiating and agreeing contracts
- Builds excellent working relationships
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- CSCS card
- Degree or other technical qualification
- Experience in high volume house building
- Experience over qualifications will be considered as we’re open to supporting you with qualifications
Salary – £35k-45K
- Competitive salaries and bonus schemes
- Company car/allowance
- Share save Scheme
- Private pension
- Private healthcare and cash plan options
- 28 days’ annual leave
- Childcare vouchers
- Retail discounts
Competitive salary and package available
If interested, please contact Chris on 0208 191 9100 or at email@example.com